The Tongariro Alpine Crossing is situated in Tongariro National Park, New Zealand’s oldest national park and a dual World Heritage Site. Tongariro National Park contains dramatic natural beauty and rich cultural significance.
The Tongariro Crossing is often called the best one-day hike in New Zealand and some say, one of the best in the world. We invite you to experience the spectacular scenery of this challenging yet beautiful hike, by booking with us at Tongariro Expeditions today!
The Tongariro Alpine Crossing is a 20 km one way track which takes around 6-8 hours and requires transportation to be arranged to the start and from the end.
At Tongariro Expeditions, we provide a shuttle service from most accommodation in Taupo, Turangi, and the Tongariro Holiday Park (Base Camp). If you are staying in Whakapapa, Ohakune or National Park Village, Base Camp and Ketetahi are good pick up options for you. In the Winter we also offer a guided service, as extra safety precautions need to be taken in the snow, ice and lower temperatures.
When you book with us at Tongariro Expeditions you’ll get:
- Transport to and from local accommodation providers
- Gear as well as transport in Winter
- Peace of mind knowing you’re booking with a company who has an impeccable safety record and a solid reputation
- Knowledgeable staff who have years of experience
- The opportunity to hike this trail with truly awe-inspiring scenery!